The Barn, a treasured space on the UCR campus, was built in 1917 as a working barn and horse stable from the university’s early days as the Riverside Citrus Experiment Station. The Barn was incorporated into the university in 1955 as a dining and music performance venue until it was closed in the summer of 2018 when renovation and expansion began. That $30 million project included adding another outdoor bar, an entertainment stage for concerts, plus an exclusive faculty/staff full-service concept called The Barn Stable that includes an indoor bar.
The renovation increased indoor seating and expanded outdoor dining on two patios. The outdoor entertainment stage is adjacent to Patio Bar, which can accommodate 1,000 spectators.