Barn Grill Menu Photos
STAY TUNED FOR INFO ON OUR RE-OPENING!
Barn Temporary Closure
Barn to Temporarily Close Effective Dec. 5
We at the Barn were so grateful to see the response from the UCR community and beyond when we reopened in July for the first time in two years.
Hardly a day went by that we didn’t come across new guests with new stories about Barn memories from decades past; the concerts they saw and the happy hours they shared with friends. The Barn has been open in some variation since 1917 and is a signature part of what it means to be a Highlander. We stand as a physical symbol both of fond remembrances and the expectation of good times to come.
And we will be providing those good times again. Just not right now.
The “new” Barn was designed to double down on our reputation for offering a great music experience paired with an excellent menu. We call this Dining, Drinks, and Distractions. So while our guests have given us every indication that we’ve succeeded on the first two counts with our BBQ-driven food menu and Patio Bar highlighted by craft drinks infused with UCR citrus, we of course have not been able to provide live music during these COVID times.
Additionally, in light of the new stay-at-home order from the State that’s likely to occur over the next few weeks and perhaps months, we could potentially be required to cease outdoor dining for the foreseeable future. Due to these circumstances, we have made the difficult decision to pause all Barn operations after the close of business Friday, Dec. 4.
We thank all the students, faculty, staff, and members of the wider Riverside community who have supported us since the summer when we were the only dining venue open on campus. Since the start of fall classes, other dining venues have opened to serve our residents still on campus. The Barn, at this moment, is a cherished venue to have, but is not immediately critical to fulfilling the Dining needs of UCR residents.
When the time is right, we’ll throw open our doors and live up to our promise to be the premier outdoor entertainment venue in the Inland Empire. It’s going to be quite the celebration. And we can’t wait to share that moment with you.
Here’s to memories: past, present, and future.
We thank all of our guests who have put their trust in us since we opened this summer. We continue to take every precaution to ensure we operate safely in this COVID environment:
- Our tables (max 4 guests) are distanced 6 feet apart, disinfected after every use, and sanitized nightly
- We require face coverings for staff and for guests whenever they are not eating or drinking
- Social spacing markers are strategically placed throughout the Barn, along with sanitation stations, and physical distancing is enforced
- Entry / exit points are contactless and so is our payment system
- Each night, we disinfect and sanitize all high-touch surfaces, bathrooms, and other common areas using an electrostatic backpack sprayer with an EPA-registered disinfectant
- Staff are required to take the online campus wellness check daily
- Staff are required to wear gloves and replace often (finishing one task and starting another)
- Staff are required to wash hands for at least 20 seconds under hot water at the beginning of shift and at least once per hour (or any time gloves may be contaminated)
We thank the campus community for continuing to support us, because we'll continue to be here for you!
- Grill, Salads, Deli Menu
- Hot Table 2020 Menu (Changes Daily)
- Patio Bar 2020 Menu
Barn chefs recommend their favorite
food and drink pairings
Creating Signature UCR Beers
Renovated Barn energizes UCR
Diners Welcome Return of the Barn
Barn Opens for Patio Dining and Takeout
The Wait Is Over!
A Sneak Peak of the new Barn
Barn Team Discusses Project Status
Inside The Barn: A Closer Look at the New Renovations
UCR Shows Off The Barn as Work Progresses on the Iconic Hangout
Article via The Press-Enterprise. Read More on The Press-Enterprise.