NOW OPEN: Patio, Mobile + Takeout
2020 Hours & Contact Info
MON-FRI: 11:30 AM – 7:00 PM
1500 W. Campus Drive, Building 358
Riverside, CA 92507
Phone: (951) 827-5164
Order from the Barn ahead of time via the Transact Mobile Ordering App (Apple) (Android).
(See details below for more specific hours of operation)
Originally established in 1917 as a working barn and stable, the Barn is back after a two year renovation! The Barn main restaurant and Patio Bar re-opened in July 2020 for service to the general public. As of October 2020, the Barn is open for indoor dining (25% capacity), patio dining and takeout service with weekday hours only. We project to begin adding weekend hours as we start to offer entertainment acts on the outdoor stage sometime after opening. This will of course be done by closely following guidance from the California Department of Public Health. The Barn restaurant features four primary food stations (Deli, Salads, Hot Table [comfort food], Grill) and a grab-and-go retail concept. For Summer and Fall 2020, only Hot Table and Grill will open. Barn dining guests 21-and-up will be able to visit the outdoor Patio Bar for beer and wine service as well.
Barn Restaurant (Mon-Fri)Grill:
11:30am-7pm – lunch / dinner (Happy Hour 20% off each Grill menu item after 3 pm)Hot Table:11:30am-3pm
Barn Patio BarMon-Wed:3:00pm-7:00pmThu-Fri:
11:30am-7:00pmHappy Hour: $1-2 off most beer and wine 3:00pm-7:00pm daily
We thank all of our guests who have put their trust in us since we opened this summer. We continue to take every precaution to ensure we operate safely in this COVID environment:
- Our tables (max 4 guests) are distanced 6 feet apart, disinfected after every use, and sanitized nightly.
- We require face coverings for staff and for guests whenever they are not eating or drinking.
- Social spacing markers are strategically placed throughout the Barn, along with sanitation stations, and physical distancing is enforced.
- Entry / exit points are contactless and so is our payment system.
- Each night, we disinfect and sanitize all high-touch surfaces, bathrooms, and other common areas using an electrostatic backpack sprayer with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Staff are required to take the online campus wellness check daily.
- Staff are required to wear gloves and replace often (finishing one task and starting another).
- Staff are required to wash hands for at least 20 seconds under hot water at the beginning of shift and at least once per hour (or any time gloves may be contaminated).
We thank the campus community for continuing to support us, because we'll continue to be here for you!
- Grill, Salads, Deli Menu
- Hot Table 2020 Menu (Changes Daily)
- Patio Bar 2020 Menu
The Barn is open to all and we encourage members of our surrounding community to drop by!
For those without UCR parking permits, public parking is available directly across the street from the Barn (1500 W. Campus Drive) in Lot 4. Guests can park in the spaces designated for short term parking and pay via the ParkMobile App or ParkMobile.io.
From there, just walk across W. Campus Drive to the new Barn!
- Guest Survey
Barn Grill Menu Photos
Barn Happy Hour Photos
Barn chefs recommend their favorite
food and drink pairings
Creating Signature UCR Beers
Renovated Barn energizes UCR
Diners Welcome Return of the Barn
Barn Opens for Patio Dining and Takeout
The Wait Is Over!
A Sneak Peak of the new Barn
Barn Team Discusses Project Status
Inside The Barn: A Closer Look at the New Renovations
UCR Shows Off The Barn as Work Progresses on the Iconic Hangout
Article via The Press-Enterprise. Read More on The Press-Enterprise.